Dates for IWBF Europe’s Euro Cup 2018 have been confirmed. The dates are as follows:
- Euro League 1 preliminary round will be held from Thursday 1st February until Sunday 4th February 2018.
- EuroLeague 2 and EuroLeague 3 rounds will be held from Thursday 8th March until Sunday 11th March 2018.
- The Quarter Finals of the Champions Cup will be held from Friday 9th March up to Sunday 11th March 2018.
- The Challenge Cup, the Willi Brinkmann Cup and the André Vergauwen Cup will be held from Thursday 26th April up to Sunday 29th April 2018.
- The Champions Cup Final 4 will be held from Friday 4th May up to Sunday 6th May 2018.
All relevant documents can be found under the download section on IWBF Europe’s website.
To prepare the 2018 EuroCup events, the IWBF Europe Competitions Commission would like to know whether or not your club is interested to participate in one of these events. To apply to take part in the Euro Cup please return a completed Entry Form (click to download form) to the IWBF Europe Competitions Commission as soon as possible, but in any way not later than 31 August 2017. Returning after this date means participation can no longer be guaranteed.
Interested in hosting a Euro Cup?
IWBF Europe Competitions Commission also invites clubs to make a bid to organise one of the Euro Cup events.
An Euro League preliminary round or a Final can be organised by a team / club who will also compete in the relevant competition.
The Quarter Finals of the Champions Cup is organised by the winner and the runner up of the Final 4 Champions Cup 2017, guaranteeing them automatic qualification for the quarter finals.
The Final 4 Champions Cup can be organised by any club, organisation or foundation which wish to organise this event – however only teams who qualified can compete.
To apply to host a competition find more information in the bid document on the competitions website.