The nomination process to stand for election to the IWBF Players’ Commission is now open.
The election will take place between 1 – 14 February, where four players will be elected to form the first-ever IWBF Players’ Commission.
The Commission will be composed of a total of eight players. The initial composition will be constructed of:
- the four Athlete Steering Committee members; and
- four additional players, who will be determined through the election.
The Commission shall have equal gender representation amongst its membership, and a fair distribution of Zonal representatives. Meaning, a female and a male player representative from each Zone who must be from different countries (therefore candidates from countries already represented may not stand).
STANDING AS A CANDIDATE
Players who wish to stand as Candidates for election must be nominated via their National Federation by 10 January 2022 (EXTENDED 15/12/2021). Candidates must:
- appear in the IWBF International Classification database
- have competed in an official IWBF Competition within the eight years prior to the election date
- be at least eighteen years old on the day of the election.
For further information on the eligibility criteria to stand as a candidate and to vote as well as the procedures associated with the election, please download the IWBF Players’ Commission Policy.
If you have any further questions regarding the Players’ Commission or standing for election, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit: Shingo Ito (x-1)