The IWBF Europe Congress 2023, a pivotal event for the future of wheelchair basketball in the continent, was held on 17 August 2023 at the Rotterdam Ahoy during the 2023 European Para Championship, a stage of the 2023 European Championship for Men and Women – Division A.
The Congress, which brought together key stakeholders and leaders in wheelchair basketball from across Europe, witnessed the election of a new IWBF Europe Executive Council that will serve for the 2023-2027 term. The newly elected council members are as follows:
- President: Walter Pfaller (AUT)
- Vice President: Enrique Alvarez Orcajo (ESP)
- Treasurer: Wojciech Makowski (POL)
- Classification Officer: Bartosz Molik (POL)
- Competition Officer: David Kingstone (GBR)
- Development Officer: Irene Sloof (NED)
- PR-Marketing Officer: Munir Gokman (TUR)
- Technical Officer: Edwin Wallaart (NED)
- Member at Large: Zarko Tomsic (SLO)
- Member at Large: Orcun Kamali (TUR)
- Secretary General: Petr Tucek (CZE)
The Congress provided an opportunity for members of the wheelchair basketball community to come together, discuss important matters, and make decisions that will shape the future of the sport in Europe.